Skip to main content
Melbourne 03 9315 3502
Perth 08 6446 7890

Child Support

Following separation parties will need to consider the ongoing support of their children.

In the majority of cases, one of the parties (usually the residence parent) will make an application directly to the Child Support Agency for an assessment of the appropriate level of child support.

People can also choose to reach their own agreement on the matter of child support provided that certain criteria are met. This gives the parties more flexibility and certainty with amounts and frequency of payment.

Agreements should be registered with the Child Support Agency.

Where an agreement is made with respect to Child Support, it can usually only be varied by reaching a new agreement, or by application to court for a variation of its terms.

Kelly & McHale Family Lawyers can assist in advising parties as to their child support obligations and, where necessary, seeking departure orders or preparing child support agreements.

Request A Call